Keywords: reel, fishing rod, fishing
As a Noun
1. A round device on a fishing-rod that you use to control the length of the fishing line. For example, when you have caught a fish, you shorten the line by turning the handle on the reel, and so pull the fish towards you. English = reel.
2. A long thin pole with a reel, line and hook attached to it which is used for catching fish. English = fishing rod.
3. The sport, hobby, or business of catching fish. English = fishing.
As a Verb or Adjective
1. To go fishing; to catch fish; to fish.
2. To operate the reel on a fishing rod; to reel in a fish; to land a fish.